Sunday, May 2, 2010

WERA May 2nd Nelson Ledges race report

Sunday morning its raining and its time for practice. Thanks to Chad Taylor for hooking me up with a new set of rain tires. So i felt pretty good with my new tires in the first practice,so it was time to try and step it up in the second practice. Well i found my limits when i sent my bike air born up and over the tire wall coming out of the carousel. I was fine but my bike took a beating. Jeff Wolfe and my dad worked hard to get it back together (Duck tape and zip ties) so it was ready for me to race. So the rain stopped and the track dried out. I had a good battle in the 125 class and when it was all said and done i come out on top with the win. Next up was the Formula 2 race with the 650's. I got a bad start but was able to work my way up to the 3rd spot and battled back and forth with the power of the Sv 650. On the last lap we were coming up on lapped traffic and come together in the carousel. I was able to keep the bike up, but had to settle for 4th in this race. All in all it was a good weekend. I would like to give a big thanks to Chad Taylor for my rain tires, Jeff Wolfe and my Dad for all your hard work in the pits, and Chuck Shorie for a new helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment