Monday, May 17, 2010

Grattan MI WERA Round 2 Race Report

This was a very hard track to try and learn in one weekend. This track has lots of blind corners with elevation changes and different camber corners. I went off the track a few times over the weekend ,but managed to keep the bike upright. We had to change gearing a few times to try and keep the R.P.M's where i could get off the corner better. Saturday in the Light Weight solo race my bike was cutting out, so i pulled in and we found the quick disconnect in the fuel line was bad. My dad bypassed it and sent me back out being down a few laps but i used that race for track time to try and get faster. Sunday in the Formula 2 race i was able to bring my lap times down some more and ended up 6th place. In the 125 race i got a good start but was not able to hold that position for long. I continued to get faster every lap but had to settle for 4th place. I improved a lot over the two days,but still have a long way to go to be up front at that track. I look forward to going back in July to continue to improve on my lap times.

No comments:

Post a Comment