Sunday, May 2, 2010

WERA May 1st Nelson Ledges race report

Saturday turned out to be a mostly dry race for me in the Light weight 20 lap race. Well my start was not good enough to hang with the SV650 twins,so i had my work cut out for me. I worked my way up to 3rd from dead last off the line. So with three laps to go a squirrel ran across the track and sure enough i drilled it. If that was not enough i am racing on slicks and here come the rain drops with just a few laps to go. I also learned a hard lesson with the flags this weekend. When the rain started falling the corner workers put out the red/yellow flag so i pulled in with only one lap to go thinking it meant the race was over. Well i was wrong red/yellow together just means there is something on the track like rain, oil or dead squirrel. So i took a DNF with less then a lap to go running in third place.Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment